OpenDNS Content Filtering
To use the OpenDNS:
Contact Maxwire Customer Service to request a public IP (allow up to 2 business days)
Ensure that you have your Router WAN MAC address available
- Consult your router manufacturer support channel for configuring your router and obtaining the MAC address.
- Configure your router for dynamic addressing (this may be listed as “My ISP assigns this, Dynamic, etc)
- Provide Maxwire Customer Service the WAN MAC address of your device.
Follow the steps below to create and configure your OpenDNS Settings. (You must select the “Yes, It’s dynamic” Checkbox and install the updater software provided by OpenDNS.)
- If any issues present, you will need to contact OpenDNS for support as Maxwire will be unable to assist in your configuration.
Know enough? Want to get it done? Do the following:
- Create a free account, and confirm the email address. http://www.opendns.com/start/
- Go to the Settings tab. https://dashboard.opendns.com/settings/
- Add a network using your current IP address (displayed on the page).
- Click your new networks's IP address to access its settings.
- Click "Advanced Settings" on the left.
- Check the box to "Enable dynamic IP update." Be sure to apply your settings at the bottom of the page.
Learn how to keep your address updated. If you don't keep the IP updated, your preferences will not be applied, and your statistics will not be collected — though you will still be using OpenDNS. http://www.opendns.com/support/dynamic_ip_tech